Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Shadow Shot Sunday

It is Shadow Shot Sunday (Saturday in the states).

I actually managed to take some shadow shots today. I was on the deck smoking a bone in turkey breast when this shadow on my Big Green Egg (worlds best smoker/grill IMHO) attracted my attention.
Then this one caught my eye. It is the shadow of a grill grate I had placed on top of a chimnea.
But I have to give credit for this idea to Trevor. He wanted to shoot from INSIDE the chimnea looking up. As you can see from this shot, it would not be an easy shot, since you can't see through the viewfinder.It took me 11 attempts to get the shot centered. I love it because if you don't look real close, it looks like you are looking at Earth from space. When if fact, I'm on Earth looking up at space.
Awesome concept Trevor, awesome.

21 comments:

  1. Fantastic shots and the last one is indeed truly awesome, Trevor!

    Happy SSS!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a cool shot, and I always love shadows...there is a story in every shadow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set of shadow shots. I like the pattern made by the grill handle, and I love that you shot up through the chimnea. I did think for a moment that it was a shot of the earth. Very creative and very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is the chimera shot from the inside. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great shots! All of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is what you get when you give two guys a grill...fun and creativity...good shots boyz!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Trevor's photo. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trevor has such a creative mind! I love it! You must be so proud! These are all so cool...but hey where's the food? I'm hungry! Maybe it's still cooking...Or maybe it burnt while you were busy shooting shadows. Hope not!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where the shadows are,
    that is where you need to be—
    poking for some light.

    My Shadow Shots

    ReplyDelete
  10. what an excellent selection of photos, well done particularly on the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful set of shadow shots! My favourite is the second photo! As to the last one, it's perfectly creative and absolutely extraordinary! Have a beautiful Sunday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely set of shadows you show us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful shots! I especially like the grill grate!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa, I hadn't read how you shot the last one! AWESOME idea and AWESOME SHOT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You should start paying Trevor lol. He comes up with great ideas! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How did you do that? (I am referring to the last photo) its amazing

    My post below:

    Human Favorite Place - Dining Place

    ReplyDelete
  17. Each of your shadows is awesome. I especially like the second and third. Kudos to Trevor for the "inside-out" view idea--great job on that "earth-like" shot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. And...great job on thinking "out of the chiminea"!

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of your shadow shots are so clever. Lovely work :)

    ReplyDelete