Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

New Moon on Monday

Do you have any of those "things" that you never grew out of?   When I was a kid I was fascinated by the sight of the moon in the middle of the day.  Staring up at that bright white satellite up in the sky captured my imagination.   


But even as an adult, a daytime moon is magical to me.  I have to stop and look at it.  I contemplate the perfect balance of gravity keeping the huge rock from hurling off into space yet keeping it from crashing onto the earth.  I wonder why I can't see the whole thing, I should at least be able to see the shadow of the dark side.   Speaking of "the dark side", I think about how it looks like the partially rebuilt Death Star of The Empire Strikes Back [geek alert]. 

Yes, I know this is NOT a "new moon" but the title post sounded good and it IS Monday.  Just for calling me out on the technical aspects of this post, I inflict...errr..."share" with you this brilliant gem of the golden years of music videos.

1 comment:

  1. This is automatically the first thing I thought of when I saw your blog post title. Two beauties in one post: the gorgeous moon and Simon Lebon. Thank you, Chris. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete