I am taking this class because although I have an eye for photography and have produced some nice results, I want to be a more knowledgeable and consistent photographer. Here is what I am hoping to learn in the first two courses (16 classes, 4 field trips):
- Truly understand and comprehend the relationships of aperture, shutter speed, ISO, EV, white balance, etc. I want to practice them so much that they become intuitive. I think of it like learning karate, how at first, I thought through the mechanics of the punches and kicks but now it is almost automatic.
- Learn how to use my light meter and manual controls of the Nikon D60 to get perfect exposures.
- Learn how to use my external bounce flash as needed.
- Learn how to use my home studio lighting to take studio quality portraits of my family.
- Learn how to shoot in extremely difficult lighting, such as late afternoon back lighting and at the martial arts school (fluorescent lighting, dark floors, white walls, mirrored wall, and high speed action)