- 28 degrees Fahrenheit might be warmer than most Saturdays have been recently but it's still damn cold.
- My shooting is way out of practice
- I really need to practice shooting with my zoom lenses again.
- In general, I really have to watch my shutter speed and focal length and use my tripod more. Using the 50mm at home under lights has gotten me too confident in handheld shots when I got back outside using a zoom lens.
- I still love photography and need to get back to it outside of the kitchen.
Yellow golf ball frozen in the shore of Lake Loudon. I like the shot but should have used the 50mm/1.8f lens.
Actually is the exposed and frozen clay shoreline.
I loved the color in this shot, the sun was just peaking over my shoulder. I HATE the focus. I had been shooting manual focus before this shot and wonder if I thought I had switched back to auto. I don't know but this could have been a great shot.
High and Dry
I like the stratified layers of color in this shot, but it's a bit washed out in the lightest layer.
This stump of a post embedded in concrete caught my eye because of how the water erosion has etched the natural rings of the wood out. I should have used the tripod more to get cleaner shots.
Dang, I have long legs at 7 in the morning!
The ONLY shot I took all morning that I really liked. At least it's the only one that didn't make me think I should have done something differently.
As disappointed as I was in the pictures, I feel like I learned a lot, or more to the point, "re-learned" a great deal.