Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Things That Caught My Eye

Alexis and I went for a stroll in Maryville this morning. I didn't really get any great shots but I saw some interesting things.

Like, okay, like I wasn't going to anyway. You're all like bossy and stuff.

Note found outside of the courthouse. Things like this fascinate me. I wonder who Fernandez is, why they were at the courthouse, etc.

NOT an exit.

Everybody was Kung Fu Fightin! Not only is in kung fu, it is STREET kung fu...


I'm really lichen this picture.


Sir Bedevere: No, no. What else floats in water?
Peasant 1: Bread.
Peasant 2: Apples.
Peasant 3: Very small rocks.
Peasant 1: Cider.
Peasant 2: Gravy.
Peasant 3: Cherries.
Peasant 1: Mud.
Peasant 2: Churches.
Peasant 3: Lead! Lead!
King Arthur: A Duck.
Sir Bedevere: ...Exactly. So, logically...
Peasant 1: If she weighed the same as a duck... she's made of wood.
Sir Bedevere: And therefore...
Peasant 2: ...A witch!

11 comments:

  1. What an entertaining post with great photos of everyday stuff! A couple of notes...

    I've never seen anybody that writes in texting shorthand.

    Also, I'm always excited to find another fan of Monty Python. I just introduced my grandson to the Black Knight and the Bridge Keeper. He loved it and throws out quotes like a pro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was great! Love the note on the ground, kind of obvious they nid sum lesuns in writin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the note to Fernandez. If it's still up and running, you should take a look at a website called www.found.com where people just post photos, notes, ticket stubs, anything that looks remotely important to someone else' life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, you haven't abandoned the photo blog! I think I like the note best too. Even found shopping lists left in the carts interest me for some reason - I know, I'm weird. Maybe we should start a new project and start leaving odd notes around in strange places just for fun - or maybe I need to get a life, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of "Street Kung Fu", must be a new form :)
    I only know the Wing Chun type.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Chris! Hope you are enjoying your spring! Love that last picture - gorgeous!
    We love looking at signs...sometimes you come across some really funny ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice, very eye opening photos. I like how simple they are.Great Job

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog!

    Have a nice time!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete